Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This is interesting

So I’m still a little surprised when people tell me they read my blog. In the past with my other blog it has normally been a comment on something I said or a question asking for clarification. And I know I post this on the internet, and throw it up on the various social media I frequent, and I do get that the whole point is that people will read it, but it is strange to me that people care what I have to say.

This blog though has had a very different response, or really a few of them that I had not really considered or prepared for when I started writing. First I did not expect much of a reaction from my friends who were not parents, I don’t know why but I imagined for some reason that this thing would not even make their radar. Not that I imagine them to be somehow unable to understand what I’m putting up here (my friends are in general pretty intelligent people). Perhaps I simply imagined this as outside their experience and therefore they would not care. This was quite far from the truth and to my friends I should say that I am sorry for selling you short. More than one friend on several occasions has come up to comment on this blog, some expressing how touched they were to read it, how they had known all along I would make a good dad ( I still don’t know this by the way, I’m faking it). One friend even expressed that I could have written this blog before in dealing with my friends, however I think a blog titled “my friends are drunken idiots” wouldn’t really have had the same impact.

People also have been telling me how much they enjoy reading  the blog, or how touched they were by something I wrote. This never happens with my other blog (not that I am really surprised about this). Another thing I have been getting a lot is questions as to when I am going to post again. This is all very strange to me,  for various reasons I never really considered experience that important, having people express an emotional response to something I posted on what I had considered a rather self indulgent exorcise was one thing, having them want me to post more was another.


So I suppose I should say thank you everyone who actually cares and I will try to be worthy of that on this blog (not the other one, that one will remain silly).  And I will continue to share my experience, thoughts, and musings on what it is to be me as a stepdad.

No comments:

Post a Comment