Thursday, June 13, 2013

Greetings and Salutations!

I have been intending on starting this for a while, and for various reasons haven't. in part its been because I'm busy, or I wasn't sure if it was appropriate, but mostly it has been because I wasn't sure how to start. but maybe because we are coming up on father's day, or maybe because how comfortable I am with the shape my life is taking, I think I know how to introduce this blog, as well as explain its purpose.

I find writing things down a great way to process my experience, putting it out there in the world somehow makes it more real for me, whether or not any one reads this I intend to keep writing. Almost a year ago now I moved in with my girlfriend and her son, from that day on we have been working together to raise him, and turning into a family in the process. This is going to be a place that I talk about my experiences, frustrations, odd thoughts, and things that seem to work. This is also going to be a place I hope to encourage discussion; I invite parents, step parents, awesome aunts and uncles, and anyone else who has a positive impact on a child's life to participate in discussions here.

so welcome, and thank you for stopping by

-ITBrewer

No comments:

Post a Comment