Monday, June 17, 2013

My first Fathers day

Father’s day for me has always been a day to show a little appreciation to my dad, and show some respect to the dads I know. I have always found it a little strange that there are so many men out there who father children but never put the energy into being a “dad” that we need to celebrate it, just the same it is something worth celebrating. For the sake of Clarity let me explain what I mean by “father” and “Dad”; a Father is someone who provided one half of the needed materials to create a child, a Dad is the person who is there, who puts the effort in, who supports, who cheers, and who does everything else that should be done. The number of Fathers who are not also Dads, but that’s not really what I’m wanting to get into.

So Father’s day has always been for dads in my mind, something I always wished someone never had any anyone wish me. But I suppose during my life’s transition over the last year other people started thinking of me as a dad, which is weird. Not because I don’t want to be thought of that way, and not because I think I am somehow unworthy of the title.  And its not like I expected someone to tell me that I had become one. At some point in the last year I started acting like a dad, and because of that people started looking at me like one. I think what makes it strange is that until recently I didn’t realize people saw me that way, and then when I figured out they did, I liked it.

A belated happy father’s day to all the dads out there.


-ITBrewer

No comments:

Post a Comment